Monday, June 25, 2007

First Day - Travel to Honduras -- Lacey Bates

4:30 am...we leave for the airport...blurry eyed and with croaky voices. But we were 'pumped'!! Not even Monday morning airport rush, severe lack of sleep or sitting on a cramped plane all morning could keep our smiles away! The wait was worth it! We joined the rest of our team for lunch at a very authentic Honduran restaurant....'Church's!' Before we went to the Villa Gracia Retreat Center, where we will stay, we stop at Nueva Oriental! We are planning on building three houses there! As we walked around the village we got to play with the children. Precious babies and joyful young boys and girls everywhere! Spreading God's love to them with toys, hugs and games was wonderful! I am so excited to build homes for these beautiful people. I know I am going to see more of God's work in us, as well as in them!

No comments: